Topband: WD1-A as radials

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 09:23:55 EDT 2018

I think that WD1-A would be perfect for on-ground radials. (Note that WD1-A is not twisted although WD-1 is.)
It lays very flat on the ground, the critters don't like it, and it is immensely strong. I always use crimp terminals but YMMV. I don't think it matters either way whether you use one or both wires - for Beverages I always use both wires but connected separately. That way I can use a simple ohmeter test to confirm that the whole length is continuous.

73 RogerVE3ZI