Topband: CW PADDLE AND LOSING SENSATION IN ONE'S FINGERS

John Randall m0els at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 14:08:52 EDT 2018

I have moved home now and am awaiting planning permission to erect some poles in the garden, but while I wait, I am wondering if there is anyone doing cw with no grip in their hands or items just slip out of their fingers and how the manage with a paddle key. Now I know many use automated cw software, but thats not for me.

I use my left hand which is rather strange as I am right handed, but this lack of sensation is really putting a damper on cw mode for me. Does anyone out there have any tips ?One I found myself is to fasten the key to the bench as sometomes I hit the paddles either too hard or too soft and the whole key moves.
73 and I hope to be on within a couple of weeks all being well.
73John - M0ELS