Topband: 160 portable vertical

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Wed Aug 7 21:15:58 EDT 2019

Pat,
There is one thing that could make a "portable" antenna and QRP work on 160
meters: Salt water! If you can make the antenna stand over and grounded to
the water, or right on the water's edge with the "radials" in the water, you
could get out with a 20' fiberglass pole and a (good) antenna tuner. There
is plenty of salt water in the Caribbean, but you must be right over it! Its
is not going to be gang-busters, but...

GL and 73,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGU