Topband: 160 portable vertical

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Aug 8 21:52:46 EDT 2019

Where in the Caribbean?  Conditions and antenna requirements are much
different depending where you go. As you go south it becomes more
noisy and of course you're further from the target areas.  One
portable antenna that can work well is a kite. I have have tried them
several times off the beach but had trouble keeping them in the air
while operating.

John KK9A

pat n8vw wrote:

Planning on going to some island in the Caribbean this December.
Unless I find a friendly ham, will bring along my Elecraft k2 and
operate qrp or lp. Looking for ideas on an easy to setup small
vertical antenna to bring.

N8vw