Topband: Inverted L in contact with leaves

Mike Furrey mikefurrey at att.net
Fri Aug 30 10:19:24 EDT 2019

 My inverted L with elevated radials has touched limbs and leaves and I have still gotten out well. SWR does change (but not appreciably) with the rise and fall of the tree sap and with rain (very wet tree). All were made of 14 gauge insulated wire from the big box hardware stores. The only issue (really excited the neighbors) occurred when a squirrel bit through the insulation at a high voltage point and the bare wire touched leaves. I had arcs and small flames occurring every time I hit the key.

73, Mike WA5POK