Topband: VE6WZ at sunset in Ukraine

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 5 19:12:54 EST 2019

Hi Nick,

Yes it was great to have a nice EU opening at my sun-rise.  I worked Alex along with 16 other EU at or before EU Sunset beginning at 1209z.
After working a number of the usual Asia suspects as well as BD4WN I decided to switch to Omni TX and set the RX array to EU and straight north.
First in the log was SM5EDX almost 1 hour before his SS. He was in full daylight he said.  Here is who made it in the log, most with the RX via North, but a few were better via EU. I was using the Flex 6600, Acom 2000A, 2 el TX array and diversity RX. (beverage arrays and 9 circle)

SM5EDX
LA1MFA
OG2M
LA7DFA
RN3CT
SM4DHF
OH6NUW
OH2IS
RN3CT
OH3XR
RA4RT
ES3BMC
ES3BM
UR5AS
OH5BM
UX1AA

I also worked Ales UR5AS about 9 hours later via the usual evening VE6 EU path which was fun.
There is a recording of my QSO with Alex along with a number of others here (you need headphones…afterall…this is TB DXing:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12GqZMPZ4R2nPLGbOVho6AHGkV9tD_MHf?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12GqZMPZ4R2nPLGbOVho6AHGkV9tD_MHf?usp=sharing>

Conditions have been excellent on TB over the last few weeks with 20-30 EU logged each evening here at VE6WZ via the polar path.
Lets hope things hold for the contest this weekend.  Watch out for the morning EU polar path!

73, de steve VE6WZ