Topband: G3YRO 160m Receiving Loop

richard at rodsley.net richard at rodsley.net
Mon Dec 9 05:40:52 EST 2019

I have a 300 ft Beverage running E/W which I use for most DX reception.
However for most of its length it does run immediately over a wire mesh
fence about 6 inches below it which makes it lose a lot of its front to back
directivity. For the last few weeks I have also been using a Wellbrook loop
mounted on a rotator about 6 feet above ground and situated about half way
along the Beverage. This gives about the same S/N ratio on DX sigs as the
Beverage when lined up with it with the advantage that I can also use it for
N/S reception. For EU everything is much stronger on the inv L TX antenna
but most DX is inaudible.

Richard