Topband: Rx splinter

wb6rse1 at mac.com wb6rse1 at mac.com
Sat Feb 2 16:01:39 EST 2019

I built a Magic T to connect my RX loop to both my Elecraft K3's RX only input and to the Sub RX AUX input to facilitate diversity receive. When the sub RX is turned on in the K3 there is already a 3 dB drop that you can hear in the main RX with the sub is connected to the main antenna. The Magic T behaves the same way.

After exchanges with several other K3 users I changed to a wired-or of both the RX only and Sub RX AUX input. IE no splitter. It's been this way for a long time. And diversity RX works just as it should.

Wire-or might be worth a try. Your mileage will vary.

Please, no lectures on impedance mismatches.

73 - Steve WB6RSE