Topband: V84SAA 16 Feb 0100z -- A bit of chaos but some success also.....

k1zm at aol.com k1zm at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 20:10:36 EST 2019

Hi Guys
A quick report on things here:
1) At our SS - there was a short opening to NA from 1035-1048z or so and we worked K9CT/K2FF/NA5NN/K9UWA/N4CC and a few others - 7-8 total I think.  Later around 100 more EU stations.
2) The plans for our SR at 2145z on 160m were altered (unbeknownst to me) by a prior commitment made to PY5EG to try FT8 on 1836 starting around 2130z looking for SA friends.
We did come up on FT8 on 1836  and worked a slew of EU callers on Ft8 - I have no idea how many - but it was a lot.
3) Krassy showed up around 2200z and we re-jigged the 160m radio setup for 80 CW and we got on around 2215z I think.
We set up split headphones so we both could attempt to pull callsigns out of the massive pile - and I know we worked a ton of East coast via LP on 3503 qsx up 1 on 3504.  Although not a complete list - here is who I remember we worked   N1SV/W1QS/N1RJ/W3BGN/WT3Q/W1FV/VA2EW/N2ZX/VE9AA - there were others - I just cannot remember them all here at the hotel.
4) We are working the contest on some bands today
BUT BUT  - Despite that contest effort here -  I will try my best to do the 160M SS and SR openings again on 1805.5 qsx 1808.5 as I think no contest activity usually takes place below 1810.  It should be relatively easy to do that again.
K1UO and VO1HP - please remember the planned CALLING FREQS and the times we established.
I will do my best to honor them.
As long as these plans do not get re-arranged - I will be there trying these last two  windows for NA.
Last night at my SS I did work K9CT with a very strong signal around 1035z or so.  So there is hope still - HI.
We start takedown at SR 2300z tomorrow morning - the 17th our time.
Most of us fly home on the 18th.
Gl to all - and BTW we are over 50,000 contacts now.
73 JEFF   K1ZM/VY2ZM

Jeff BriggsDXing on the Edge: The Thrill of 160 Meters Available worldwide through BookBaby, Array Solutions, DX Engineering, Radio Society of Great Britain, & Amazon