Topband: Ticks

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Tue Jul 16 15:01:41 EDT 2019

Bruce,

I am 10 miles from Lyme, CT and my
property abuts a deer filled State park &
marsh. After a lot of research I found the
best option for me is to spray my yard
with Permethrin. Here in CT you can't get
the high concentration version but you can
in 48 other states including Maine.

https://www.domyown.com/permethrin-sfr-368
-p-445.html

I bought it in Rhode Island and mix 1 Oz
with 1 gal water & spray it with a Scotts
two gallon pump tank. It's fantastic for
ants & ticks, I do the entire lawn and
when I go to my antennas, I spray the area
and come back a couple hours later and
it's safe to work in.

I spray my outdoor clothes with the .05%
mixture, let it dry so it's safe and it
kills ticks and not me. You can buy the
.05% at Walmart in the sporting goods
section to spray on your clothes & I
understand LL Bean sells clothing that is
impregnated with it for hikers & the like.

Great stuff...

73,

Gary
KA1J