Topband: 3B8XF

K9FD merv.k9fd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:40:00 EDT 2019

After a few days of almost no signals heard on top band at sunrise,
I was going to sleep in this morning,  but knew better and forced
my self out of the sack at 5Am local.
Band was noisy but soon I heard CW and there was 3B8XF, slow deep
fades but peaking 579.   Thanks to his hanging in there he pulled me
out and we completed a QSO,  a new one for me on top band.
In a few minutes I tuned to FT-8 to check and there was Nigel again,
peaking -2 at my sunrise,  worked him for the digital contact also.
Thanks to Nigel for being on top band and having good ears.

73 Merv K9FD   Molokai Island Hawaii