Topband: 3YØI Bouvet Island Expedition has officially begun.

CT1EKD CT1EKD at mail.telepac.pt
Tue Mar 19 07:40:12 EDT 2019

The 3YØI Bouvet Island Expedition has officially begun. The MV
Atlantic Tuna, with the Team aboard, departed for Bouvet Island on
March 19, 2019, at approx. 6:00 UTC.

If everything goes well, we should reach Bouvet in 7 days around March
26. Landing on the Island will be strictly dependent on weather
conditions met upon arrival. ***Estimated*** launch date of 3YØI on
the air might be about last days or March. This information may be
subject to change (sea and weather conditions – safety first!)

The Team plans to stay at the island at least for 2 weeks, with an
option to extend the stay to 3-4 weeks, if weather and other factors
permit.

We will sign as E51DOM/mm on way to and back from the island.

You may track our vessel at:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/…/ais/…/shipid:5786633/zoom:10

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp… (should be
operational later today)