Topband: FCP versus loaded or "T" radialsradials

Rick ve3mm richardstasiak at gmail.com
Sat May 4 19:55:26 EDT 2019

My lot is 60x100 ft with a swimming pool taking up most of the backyard. I
managed to squeeze in an 160 m inv L running from the back fence to a tree
in the front yard.   A K2AV FCP is mounted on the back fence on standoffs
at just under 6 ft above the ground. One end of the FCP turns 90 degrees
and runs 6 ft down the side fence. Right now I am at 143 entities worked on
topband.

I also use this antenna and same FCP on 80m. It is end fed as a half wave
with a matching network and the FCP is tuned with vacuum relays to work on
80m. (Thanks Guy). This antenna has netted me 138 entities on 80.

I would not be on these bands at all and having this fun without the FCP.

73
Rick ve3mm