Topband: AM interference on 1840

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Tue May 21 07:50:02 EDT 2019

There are two messages in this topic: One is the interference from this
particular BC station. Not a crisis, not yet. Two is a warning: Newly
installed solid-state AM broadcast amplifiers in poorly regulated regions,
over time, will have the potential to fill the entire 160 meter band with
harmonics. The second part is not trivial and should be a heads-up. The
earlier we find ways to deal with it, the better.

73,
George,
AA7JV