Topband: Solar Cycle Fun

W7RH midnight18 at cox.net
Mon Nov 4 11:18:49 EST 2019

Monthly mandatory site maintenance at my remote, you know water the
batteries, intruder check and all. I had set the damn clocks back an
hour the night before and it was sunset. Time to check out 160m band.

It's not dark yet and bingo G3PQA and YL2SM in the log, not to mention I
heard Cryil FR4NT for the first time in a few years. No QSO but we
tried. He would be a double multiplier for me with country and zone! At
that point the band went south and I figured I'd take a nap as I've been
plagued by a cold.

I came back a few hours later and called John SM5EDX and F5IN. In da
log. A CQ up band netted ON7PQ, SM2CEW, ON8DM, F4HEC, PE5T, and PA3FQA.
Not bad with some being new stations worked. With that back to bed. in
the morning ZF9CW and 3D2AG worked for the heck of it. All in all not a
bad haul.

This is what a solar minimum should be.

73

Bob, W7RH

--
W7RH DM35OS
http://w7rh.net

“Politicians are like diapers.  They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.”
Anonymous