Topband: Drones for antenna installation?

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Sun Sep 1 18:45:35 EDT 2019

Ed,

The reason I now only use the spud is I
have no single easy tree to get over, it's
a forest I have to shoot into, and the
arrow is too light to bring itself down
through the branches with a fishing line
attached.

I first used slingshots & the lead weight
was hard to find in the woods. Then I
tried arrows where I was having them hang
in the branches. The spud weighs about a
pound and it drops right through the
branches, never hangs up.

If someone is shooting over a stand-alone
tree, an arrow or slingshot would likely
be perfect.

73,
Gary
KA1J