Topband: BCB Filter Recommendation?

Kriss Alan Kliegle KA1GJU kliegle at myfairpoint.net
Fri Apr 17 12:19:53 EDT 2020

I built the AM BC filter that W1VLF made for one of my SDR servers as a test. Works well, but users now can only hear/see the strongest of AM BC stations. This is a RX only filter, not able to TX through it! I used axial-lead inductors in mine and mounted it in a home-made box made from Copper flashing  material. There is some slight loss in the 160M CW portion due to not a steep skirt on the filter, but it reduced the QRM on higher frequencies on the SDRPlay that’s connected to that server.

Schematic is in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI6N_uVErKA

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Sent from Mail for Windows 10