Topband: Windows 10 Update heads up

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Aug 14 17:22:12 EDT 2020

On 8/14/2020 1:26 PM, Brad Rehm wrote:
> Phil,
>
> I've turned off updates for the maximum allowed 35 days on Pat's and my
> computers but not on my new laptop.  I use it occasionally to access my
> Flex, so it will be my "canary in the coal mine" for future updates.  For
> now, if it survives the next couple weeks, I'll allow the other updates to

Regarding Flex:  that is a special case.  I have numerous W10 computers
on auto update.  The updates have never broken the OS or any ordinary
applications.  They have only ever broken Flex, who admits they don't
know how to completely fix the audio and CAT drivers, and they say that
have gotten no help from MS or the 3rd party that supplies the drivers.
The Flex is not a good canary because it can be knocked out by updates
that do nothing to other computers that are not running Flex.

Rick N6RK