Topband: Rohn 25 Vertical questions.

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Fri Aug 21 15:27:43 EDT 2020

At C6AGU I have in-band RX on all bands. The rigs are Flex 6000 SDR-s. On
160 m I can hear virtually unimpaired to about 12 kHz off the TX frequency.
RX antenna is 4 direction delta loop, about 1000' from the TX vertical. The
RX path includes a high performance RX pre-amp. (The RX antenna "gain" is
-32 dBi.)
SDR-s can work for in-band RX, but you must have a very "clean" RX (and TX)
paths and plenty of antenna separation. Also, lots of shielding and
grounding.

73,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGU