Topband: Looking for user experience: DXEngineering Thunderbolt 160m vertical

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 5 09:35:52 EST 2020

P.S. If your vertical has a good set of radials, you will see about 35 Ohm feedpoint impedance. You may want to wind your own unun using Jerry Sevick’s cookbook

http://www.introni.it/pdf/Amidon%20-%20Transmission%20Line%20Transformers%20Handbook.pdf

or buy a readymade 35 to 50 Ohm unun from balundesigns.com

The third option is to build a coax transformer per PA0FRI.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate autocorrect.