Topband: EZNEC Ground Errors

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 11 10:08:17 EST 2020

For a literal "pair of radio wave glasses":

Given the vertical gain of a practical 160 dipole is pretty much cloud
burner and a decent 160 vertical is pretty much low angle, IF you know
the actual real gain patterns, then it is possible to compare signal
amplitudes (probably real time considering QSB) and deduce approximate
arrival angles.

At least one analysis of 80m arrival angles on the West Coast from EU
was derived this way.

Grant KZ1W