Topband: Low Dipoles

John Harden, D.M.D. jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 14 15:47:01 EST 2020

I am all for multiple receiving antennas for 160..

I have:

1) Hi-Z 8 down by the creek.

2) Hi-Z 2 up on the hill.

3) BOG to NW going down the hill.

4) Waller FLAG on 40 foot boon (2 loops) at 95 feet on a TIC Ring Rotor.

     The Waller FLAG appears to outperform all of the others (especially
when the polarization is horizontal).

     It works well on the long path. It was #2 from N4IS. 100 ohm
Twin-Ax to tower base. Then 100 ohm to 50 ohm transformer

     with Times Microwave LMR-600 to shack.

73,

John, W4NU