Topband: standoff for inv L

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun Dec 27 11:08:18 EST 2020

I've been using 8' 1.5" dia painted fiberglass top and bottom of my 85ft
T as standoffs from a fir tree.  An 18" long bracket is lagged to the
tree both places to make it stable and lower the FG stress.  OK after 6
years, occasional ice and snow.

PVC gets very flabby at 80F and higher and isn't anywhere near as strong.

Grant KZ1W