Topband: Recording Off the Air

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Tue Jan 28 14:08:50 EST 2020

Yup. There are dozens of little recorders that work well for making
continuous recordings, I've been using a Roland R09 that I've had for
many years.

If I want to go to the trouble, I chop up the recording into one hour
files using the wonderful MP3DirectCut, which is extremely fast at that
task because it doesn't do any re-encoding - it merely cuts on MP3 frame
boundaries, and creates the proper header info for each file.

I was interested in the OP's suggestion because it purports to make one
hour recordings on the fly, which would save that step, and also be a
safer way to do a whole contest without having to worry about a glitch
in hour 47 that ruins the whole file.

-Steve K8LX