Topband: 9 circle RX array combiner board

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:54:01 EST 2020

So did I! Ordered ten a few minutes ago.

Good thing this discussion came up, as the TRW LT1001A CATV transistor in
my station's W7IUV preamp has long been unobtainium. (I got a few from W8JI
over 40 years ago, and this is the only one I have left!)

I could have sworn that I had some new 2N5109s in stock, but I couldn't
find any. Thus the order.

So, what is a good replacement for the 2N5109? I suppose it is an SMD
device, but that's not a problem.
 Finding that J310s were only available in a very small SMD package, I
bought some and soldered them to an adapter board (eBay) with solder paste
and a heat gun. First time, and it still looked professionally done! It's
just that easy.

73, Mike
W0BTU