Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise

Ken Claerbout kenk4zw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 10:23:34 EDT 2020

A couple of issues I see.  It depends which direction(s) the noise and
desired signal are coming from.  You may null the noise and signal.
Also, the loop is bi-directional.

I've been playing with a DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B at ET3AA and it
works.  Thanks to Tim and the gang for their support.  But there is a
lot of noise and not being able to null everything except the desired
direction I suspect is an issue.

Our noise is close in, so I have some upgrades in place using a Hi-Z 4
square and NCC-2 with a "noise" antenna as Frank mentions.
Unfortunately the next thing I need to do after I send this, is to
cancel my reservation for the 27th of this month.  Africa looks like a
pretty safe place Covid-19 wise at the moment.  But one look at the
long lines at immigration did me in.  I don't have the patience for
that.

73
Ken K4ZW