Topband: Spurious transmissions on 1830 khz by CKTB (610 kHz), St. Catharines ON

Roy Morgan k1lky68 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:53:04 EDT 2020

John and others,

Yes, I now see reports from far from the station.
Clearly my comments about causes local to the one nearby ham reporting interference do not apply

I will listen myself tonight.

Maybe some of our two trillion dollar aid package can be sent to Canada.
Perhaps a mere $100,000 would let them replace their troublesome guy wires with commercial grade Phillystran.

Roy

> On Mar 26, 2020, at 1:34 PM, John K9UWA <john at johnjeanantiqueradio.com> wrote:
>
> Notce Roy that a second report from W8 land also was hearing this 3rd harmonic... its the radio station problem... not the ham's problem...
>
> And yes I also heard it from Northern Indiana
> John k9uwa
>

> On 26 Mar 2020 at 12:36, Roy Morgan wrote:
>
>> Is it possible that the interference is being generated not by the transmitter
>> but rather by bad connections in power lines or utility pole guy wires nearer to
>> you?

Roy Morgan
K1LKY since 1958
k1lky68 at gmail.com