Topband: Spurious transmissions on 1830 khz by CKTB (610 kHz), St. Catharines ON

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Fri Mar 27 13:14:14 EDT 2020

If the AM signal is 3x wider than a normal AM, you can be assured that
it's coming out of the transmitter and being tripled both in carrier
and sidebands.

If it is a "mix" from another transmitter or internal to the receiver,
it will be normal bandwidth.... not three times as wide as a typical
AM transmitter.

Don W4DNR ( 40+ years maintaining Broadcast AM Transmitters )