Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage

fmoeves fmoeves at twc.com
Fri May 8 17:45:10 EDT 2020

Thanks Gary, Lots of good info. I have a little bit of all the wire you mentioned in your post. I will check out Luis's site also. Thank you Fred KB4QZH
-------- Original message --------From: Gary Nichols <kd9sv at comcast.net> Date: 5/8/20  4:06 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: 'Fred Moeves' <fmoeves at twc.com> Subject: RE: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage Fred, the rev bev is very easy to build and very forgiving.  My designs are all based on the approx. 150 ohm impedance of military field wire WD-1A or also speaker wire or low voltage landscape lighting wire which is a zip cord style.  Telephone drop wire or entrance cable is also easy to use and rather inexpensive, especially in Europe and is sometimes referred to as "Killu" wire in Denmark.  See IV3PRK's blog for info about BOG and RBOG studies Luis did while living in S. America.73, de gary-----Original Message-----From: Topband <topband-bounces+kd9sv=comcast.net at contesting.com> On Behalf Of Fred MoevesSent: Friday, May 8, 2020 2:04 PMTo: topband at contesting.comSubject: Topband: 2 wire reversible BeverageGetting ready to put up a 2 wire reversible Beverage and I have a few questions and looking for some ideas…Sorry I’m sure this subject has been beat to death… I did some searches but didn’t find what I was looking for.My understanding is the wires need to be in the horizontal plane to keep everything balanced.Also I am assuming I can use THHN wire and twist it together and then put both wires on one insulator.Or another way would put insulators on the side of trees and separate them by a couple of inches…like ladder line.Just wondering which way would be easiest to build and give the best performance?To me it would seem to easier to put 2 wires together on just one insulator.I will be installing this on the trees in a heavily wooded area.It seems building the antenna with 2 wires and keeping them parallel and same distance from the ground will not be easy.ThanksFred KB4QZH_________________Searchable Archives: http://www.contesting.com/_topband - Topband Reflector