Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage

Gabriel - EA6VQ ea6vq_ml at dxmaps.com
Sat May 9 03:44:58 EDT 2020

Hi Fred,

Might be you can get some ideas from http://dxmaps.com/safontbeverage.html and http://dxmaps.com/safontbeverage2.html

73. Gabriel – EA6VQ

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces+ea6vq_ml=dxmaps.com at contesting.com] En nombre de Fred Moeves
Enviado el: viernes, 8 de mayo de 2020 20:04
Para: topband at contesting.com
Asunto: Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage

Getting ready to put up a 2 wire reversible Beverage and I have a few
questions and looking for some ideas…

Sorry I’m sure this subject has been beat to death… I did some searches
but didn’t find what I was looking for.

My understanding is the wires need to be in the horizontal plane to keep
everything balanced.

Also I am assuming I can use THHN wire and twist it together and then
put both wires on one insulator.

Or another way would put insulators on the side of trees and separate
them by a couple of inches…like ladder line.

Just wondering which way would be easiest to build and give the best
performance?

To me it would seem to easier to put 2 wires together on just one insulator.

I will be installing this on the trees in a heavily wooded area.

It seems building the antenna with 2 wires and keeping them parallel and
same distance from the ground will not be easy.

Thanks

Fred KB4QZH