Topband: 2 wire reversible Beverage

Fred Moeves fmoeves at twc.com
Thu May 14 17:29:32 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to wind the transformers for the 2 wire
Beverage.
I have ordered some WD1A wire and will be trying to use that.

I posted this on Topband maybe 2 weeks ago and got some suggestions on
and off the reflector.

One question I have is how to read the resistance of the wire...without
the xfmrs? The wire to ground?
I do have a Zoom analyser.

I have wired the more simple transformers for a plain Beverage but never
the center tapped xfmrs...I think I know how to wind them but not sure.

On the xfmrs that are center tapped is that the reason for the bifillar
wire?

Or do you wind the xfmrs  on the center tapped side with one wire and
just leave a little sticking out to pickup the center?

I like to home brew what I can and try to learn something in the process.

Anyway hope this makes sense ?

73

Fred KB4QZH