Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 209, Issue 14

Wes wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Fri May 15 14:44:02 EDT 2020

That's the method I use.  That said, Frank's idea of a tuner in the shack makes
more sense, especially with a 100' run of LDF4.  I've done it both ways.  The
reason for the L-network match is that it permits a shorter top wire which is a
physical advantage in my situation.  I use a few turns on a T225-2 toroid.  No
worries about rain shorting turns, especially here in the AZ desert.

Off the match point I still need a tuner.

Wes  N7WS