Topband: Suggestions for vertical at HG0R

Mail 10 mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Sat Nov 7 19:45:40 EST 2020

You can also alter the resonance by changing the slope of the top hat
wires. If you can make them more horizontal, this will slightly lower
the resonant frequency. Either make them tighter or move the ends of the
supports further out. I have supports 3 m high, 40 m out from the
centre. My top loaded vertical is 24 m high, originally fed about 2.5 m
above the ground against elevated radials. Now it's fed at the ground
level with a buried radial field (60 x 33 m), so the resonance was low,
around 1770 kHz. I feed it across a 1000 pF capacitor to ground, and it
presents a reasonable match across the whole band 1800 - 1875 kHz.

de VK3HJ