Topband: Common mode choking of beverages - which side of grounded shack entry panel?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 5 11:04:58 EDT 2020

My DX Eng 4 sq (12v over RG6 to preamps) has had infuriating random arc
noise for years and the W3LPL explanation makes great sense to me as the
reason.  I did silicone grease the F threads but followed the "CW
advice" to not flood the connector so I have a project to do that.

Hi-Z had a separate 12v power lead on their whip preamps, but with DXE
selling them that seems to have disappeared.  Now powered by a bias T
over RG6.

Heading into the PNW monsoon season, so need to get it done.

Grant KZ1W
Redmond, WA