Topband: Common mode choking of beverages

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Oct 6 17:18:58 EDT 2020

CAT5/6/7 cables consist of four 100 ohm twisted pairs, each with a
different twist ratio to minimize crosstalk between the pairs. Indeed,
there is nothing inferior about it as a feedline as compared to coax,
except that it may see its Zo modified slightly if it's laying on the
ground or very close to another conductor. CAT5/6/7 pairs have fairly
low loss.

Bottom line -- nothing wrong with what you're doing. You're just smart
enough to know that it is a perfectly good way of feeding a Beverage.

73, Jim K9YC