Topband: Great Engineering by AA7JV

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Mon Apr 5 17:41:31 EDT 2021

Here is the clarification of the new DXCC rules relating to this:

The DXCCRules <http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-rules>  changes, which affect
Section I, subsections 8 and 9, explain andextend how contacts with remotely
controlled stations now may be applied towardthe DXCC award. According to
ARRL CEO David Sumner, K1ZZ, the changes aresubtle but significant. The
modified rules make clear that contacts withlegally licensed, land-based,
remotely controlled stations count for DXCC, butthe control point -- the
operator's location -- of a remotely controlledstation no longer has to be
land based; the operator can be literally anywhere.

73,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGUA