Topband: Materials for Beverages?

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Tue Aug 3 20:17:39 EDT 2021

I use the black screw-in plastic insulators for Beverage wire supports on poles, and ceramic strain insulators for the wire ends. The high voltages likely on the ends of elevated radials of transmitting antennas do not trouble the ceramic electric fence strain insulators. For my two-wire Beverages, I use a long coach screw through two ceramic barrel insulators where I use a tree for an intermediate support. This maintains the spacing, about 1.5”. I secure the wires with a bit of tie wire, not too tight, to allow the wires to slide when the tree moves.
My local hardware/farm supply store is the source for most of my wire antenna stuff. It’s very convenient.
73, Luke VK3HJ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10