Topband: CQWW 160

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sat Feb 27 09:25:57 EST 2021

Just a general comment about posts like these during - or right after
contests.

I do know that we are all concerned about possible suspicious QSOs - and
even those made with remote stations using callsigns not appropriate to
their location.

However, I do not really think sorting these kinds of things out here on
the Topband list is a good idea. In general - the information that you use
to put QSOs into your contest log should come from what you hear in your
headphones.  Using a callbook - or other resource (like this list) is not
really the way the game should be played.  Most contesters I know consider
even sending an email to him after the contest to be inappropriate.

As the log checker for this contest - I would not want to give W1NA a
not-in-log if he indeed made the QSO.  I will have access to the W1NA log
and can see if there were other QSOs made around that time with other
Europeans.  Of course - it is possible it was the only European QSO he made
- but if it is in his log at the right time and in your log - then I doubt
there was anything fishy going on - or he would have made more QSOs with
Europe.

So - the message I would like to send, is to not bring these things up in a
public forum.  If you are concerned about a specific QSO, you can send a
note to the manager of the contest (N2NT) expressing your concern, and we
will take a look at it during the log checking process.

Thanks.

73 Tree N6TR