Topband: Cage wire performance

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jan 5 18:41:09 EST 2021

On 1/4/2021 7:05 AM, Kenny Silverman wrote:
> I will be converting a wire inverted-L to a T top loading on a 75’ tall wire hung from a tree. To improve the bandwidth, I was wondering about going to a 2-wire “cage” for the vertical section.

Hi Kenny,

I added a second wire to my Tee many years ago; at first the vertical
section was about 80 ft, now it's closer to 100 ft. My spacers are sort
of random, on the order of 8-12 inches. It did, indeed, increase the SWR
bandwidth. I'm using a lot of on-ground radials of varying lengths.

73, Jim K9YC