Topband: One Way Propagation.

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Sun Jan 17 13:55:47 EST 2021

Comment below

On 1/17/2021 11:09 AM, Wes wrote:
> I'm not going to smack this tar baby, other than to note that Elecraft
> is a special case with respect to S-meters.  K3(S) have an "Absolute"
> mode that compensates for preamp gain or input attenuation. So the
> S-meter becomes a decent power meter.
>
> I think it's unconscionable that other manufactures, with
> microprocessor controlled radios, haven't incorporated this.

The fact that certain features appear in certain radios and not in
others may lie in the "intellectual property" . Mfg A is unwilling to
sell the rights to a particular feature to competitor Mfg B or at least
is unwilling to sell below a price that will compensate A for the loss
in sales gained by B because they now have this feature too. Or B cant
afford to recover the higher "cost" in enough added sales.?

There are at least two sides to every story, often more, ...The truth
lies somewhere in between.

Dave
NR1DX

--