Topband: New Subject: 160M array feedline question

Carl Braun Carl.Braun at cattron.com
Mon Mar 22 17:41:00 EDT 2021

Topbanders

Thanks to all who responded

I received a lot of good advice and will be taking it.  Specifically, the advice to bury the hardline rather than elevate it.

Some brought up the idea of my ground mounted radials becoming submerged in fresh water...however, that would only take place for a week or less during the spring here and, it would only happen if we had a slow snow pack melt and rain at the same time.  This happened here two years ago but only lasted for a week or so.

I am sure to have more questions as this project matures.  In the meantime, I will continue to work with my modified 80/160 Butternut vertical that's stuck in the snow.  It uses 4 pieces of 30' irrigation tubing for radials as well as some wayward wires to create the ground screen.  No amplifier. This winter I have 22 countries on 160 with it.  Looking forward to the array!

Thanks again

Carl W9LF