Topband: Radials on ground

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 09:14:03 EST 2022

For the moment at least, I'm using on-the-ground radials for my 160M
inverted L. Discussion on the reflector triggered a thought - is the
size of wire used for on-the-ground radials - or elevated radials for
that matter - significant?  I ask this because I have a huge spool of
military-surplus, silver-plated (!) 18-gauge insulated copper wire.
Currently using 16, +/- 1/8 wave on-the-ground radials made with the
stuff.   Feedpoint resistance seems to be by the book, at least as
compared to feeding the antenna against a single ground rod.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.