Topband: Inverted-L question

Steve Muenich srmuenich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 20:43:44 EST 2023

I have an Inverted-L question that hopefully someone can answer for me.

I  installed the 160m  wire to the 80 ft level on a 100 ft Rohn 45 tower
with top mounted yagis.
The horizontal (sort of) portion is approx 45ft long.
The wire starts at 80 ft down approx 5 ft from tower and when it gets to
the match box the bottom of the wire is about 10ft away from tower.

I have about 50 or so 120 ft long radials.

I am able to get a X=0, R=52. SWR 1.19:1 tune according to my RE Zoom using
load shunt match at base of tower.

My question is why do I need so much series capacitance (5300pf) with
parallel inductance approx 8uh?

Everything is working fine, but I am wanting to understand why I am needing
so much series capacitance? Does this indicate an issue I need to resolve?

TIA,

Steve, NA5C