Topband: Inverted-L question

Noel Lopez lopeznoel at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 09:27:30 EST 2023

Here is my 2 cents worth.  First of all, I am not an antenna expert nor do I know how to use antenna modeling software.These are my thoughts based on my experience and what I remember reading.  My low band system is an inverted L under a SteppIr yagi that can be retracted.  This avoids the capacitance hat effect on the inverted L.
The capacitative top hats you have on your tower make the inverted L "appear" longer thus requiring morecapacitance to match the inverted L.    If there were no yagis to create capacitance over the inverted L, the antenna would appear shorter and require less capacitance to match.  Capacitative matching is less lossy and more efficient than inductive matching from what I remember.
I am posting this to see if anyone can add-to or correct my comments.
Noel Lopez NR5R