Topband: Remotes

lmlangenfeld lmlangenfeld at tds.net
Tue Feb 6 09:33:34 EST 2024

The fundamental questions seem to be: What is the purpose of a DX QSO? What does a DX contact signify?In my book, three things:(1) The ability to assemble a station capable of making the contact;(2) An understanding of propagation sufficient to identify and exploit the path; and(3) Sufficient operating skill to complete the contact within the constraints of (1) and (2).Otherwise, what's the point?  Without these three things, why bother with radio?Mark -- WA9ETWSent from my  U.S.Cellular© Smartphone