Topband: remotes

Jeff jrnet at centurylink.net
Fri Feb 9 21:57:55 EST 2024

100% agree Mike.

Have never looked up DXCC totals for others.
Contests were to see how many countries I could work.

Been active from my only QTH, a 1/4 acre city lot, for
30+ years solely to compete against myself. Obtained
#1 honor roll in 2015, but quickly realized that 160m
was the true challenge and got hooked. Put up my own
tower & later shunt fed with home made capacitor &
over 1,000' of radials. Have tested dozens of TX & RX
antennas with multiple pre amps & chokes, but have
run out of land & options, so now have focused on
weak signal modes like FT8 for that 10db advantage
and also for accessibility from dxpeditions on those
short rare openings to Nebraska.

I realize there are some areas of the world I will
never work on 160m from my small city lot, but I keep
pushing forward with all the current tools available.

Jeff
NE0DX