Topband: remotes

uy0zg uy0zg at mksat.net
Tue Feb 6 10:04:08 EST 2024

The original idea is to compete with yourself..

In this case, there is no need to summarize the results of the
contests...

I wonder, is it also possible to compete with yourself in boxing?
:-(((((

---
Nick, UY0ZG
http://www.topband.in.ua

Michael Tope писал(а) 2024-02-06 16:42:
> [...]
> Yes. For some folks, their narcissism seems to be so bad that there are
> no lines they won't cross to be able to claim top-dog status (e.g.
> Europeans using North American remotes to work new ones on 160,
> claiming to be unassisted in contests while using DX cluster
> assistance, etc).
>
> I think the best advice I've ever heard in this regard is to compete
> with yourself instead of competing with others. For instance, I can
> almost guarantee that I will never make top 10 in the CW Sprint
> contest. I can, however, try to best my previous scores (and hopefully
> stave off cognitive decline). Push yourself to be a better operator
> and/or station builder, use the accomplishments of your betters to show
> you what is possible, take pride in your accomplishments, enjoy the
> thrill of rare openings, and first and foremost - have fun!
>
> 73, Mike W4EF...............
>

> On 2/6/2024 5:39 AM, uy0zg via Topband wrote:
>> But in reality everything is much more complicated. We talked here in
>> the reflector and went our separate ways..
>> For example, someone on this list honestly earned 300 countries :
>>
>> http://www.arrl.org/system/dxcc/view/DXCC-160M-20240206-USLetter.pdf
>>
>> He's been working on this for decades. And suddenly some completely
>> unfamiliar and envious mug without RX antennas (and maybe without a
>> station at all) declares 320...
>>
>> Calling it simply injustice is not enough...
>>

>> 309
>> UT5UGR
>> W3GH*
>> 308
>> I4EWH
>> IV3PRK
>> K8GG
>> SM6CVX
>> W5IZ
>> 307
>> DJ7MI
>> IK4MGP
>> K4SV
>> OH5VT
>> RZ3AM
>> UT3UA
>> VE3EJ
>>

>> ---
>> Nick, UY0ZG
>> http://www.topband.in.ua
>>
>> Mike Smith VE9AA писал(а) 2024-02-06 14:51:
>>> I knew it was all over many years ago when I worked a 20dB/9 Italian
>>> station
>>> around Sunrise here in one 160m contest. (1pm in Italy)
>>>

>>> I have never applied for DXCC.  I know what I worked and keep track
>>> of it
>>> here locally.  I am the only person who really
>>>
>>> cares what all the numbers are and since the ARRL DXCC program has
>>> (imo)
>>> become so watered down in the last couple decades there is little
>>> reason to
>>> ever apply.
>>>

>>> Be happy with who you see in the mirror every morning and celebrate
>>> those
>>> around you who are doing it the way that appeals to you.  For those
>>> aren't.well, don't concern yourself with them.  They don't diminish