Topband: https://clublog.org/logsearch/CB0ZA

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Feb 19 16:03:42 EST 2024

On 2/19/2024 3:42 PM, uy0zg via Topband wrote:

> So this is exactly where I started the topic - soon heaven will come
> on earth :-))))

No, FT8 has provided a way to compensate for the 20 dB in increased
noise floor over the last 40 years.

I was around in the late 1970's and early 1980s with a simple 1/4 wave
sloper and short Beverage antennas on a couple of suburban acres.  I
know from first hand experience what all the switching power supplies,
plasma displays and sloppy power line maintenance has done to the noise
level on 160 and 80.  Even if I had multiple RX antennas on my current
five acre suburban plot, I could not come close (DXCC #50 and second
not on the east coast) to what I accomplished before we were allowed
high power on 160.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV