Topband: [TowerTalk] New N6LF Ground Probe Designs

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Mar 2 14:36:16 EST 2024

On 3/2/2024 10:43 AM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> I live in an area surrounded by farm lands and assume that the soil here
> is nice and conductive.  But I have no idea what that really means.

This is a link to ancient FCC maps of soil conductivity to be used by AM
broadcast stations. I would expect it to still be good in undeveloped
areas. It's in quadrants. As a young EE student, I had a summer gig
using them to plot contours for an application for a new station.

http://k9yc.com/FCC-GroundMap.zip

73, Jim K9YC