Wasps

Barry Kutner barry@w2up.wells.com
Wed, 07 Aug 96 16:06:38 GMT

Tom Lindtveit <Tom@utd.com> writes:

> Hi Bill and Everyone,
>  Thanks for pointing out a remedy, it minded me that I have one that may =
> be of use to you and the other unfortunates. Next time you get stung, =
> wet the area and sprinkle liberally with "Adolfs Meat Tenderizer". Yeah =
> I know it sounds nuts, but  few years ago I stuck my hand in a black =
> wasps nest that I couldn't see. I got nailed bad! Though I'd be out of =
> comission for a day or so. My cousin from Texas ran to her camper and =
> came out with the meat tenderizer. I laughed, I knew it coudln't help =
> much. I must have gotten stung at least 6 times. She spit on the area =
> and spread on the tenderizer. UNBELIEVABLE! In 15 minutes, I was back to =
> work. I had no after affects at all. Apparently theres something in MSG =
> that breaks down the protien in the bee's "poison". I swear by that =
> stuff now.=20
>  The usual disclaimers apply "I have no association with Adolphs meat =
> terderizer, etc....."

>From a medical point of view, this is how it works:
Adolph's contains an enzyme called papain (comes from either the
pineapple or papaya). It breaks down proteins, including bee venom.

Another helpful thing is the goop in an Aloe Vera plant. Just break the
leaf open and apply to sting or burn. 73/ Dr. Barry

Barry N. Kutner, W2UP       Internet: barry@w2up.wells.com
Newtown, PA                 Packet Radio: W2UP @ WB3JOE.#EPA.PA.USA.NA
                            Packet Cluster: W2UP >WB2R (FRC)